Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tough nerd gets ahead of himself

"Michigan chooses Rick Snyder," or so claims Snyder's latest spot. Apparently, the Snyder camp is such that present and future are the same tense. Even an unconfirmed potential future. November 2 is still almost two weeks away. Let's say that voters do indeed choose Rick Snyder by a landslide. With a low enough voter turnout, that would still not represent the will of Michigan, mute to say "None of the above."

And supposedly Virg Bernero is a "career politician" and not a "job creator" like Rick Snyder. With both candidates claiming to have created jobs but with neither one actually refuting the other's claims with solid evidence, one has to wonder what kinds of jobs they're talking about. If I pick up a couple of illegal immigrants at Home Depot to fix my gazebo today, does that count as job creation? What if I give my neighbor's kid a buck to mow my grass?

No comments: