Saturday, December 5, 2009

Nitpickers wanted for new Oprah's recommendations

As America's new Oprah, Conan O'Brien has recommended Killdozer and three movies from the Leprechaun series, including the two sequels with the confidence-inspiring titles Leprechaun: Back 2 the Hood and Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun in Space. I am slightly inclined to watch Killdozer. But I have no interest whatsoever in watching any of the Leprechaun movies. Leonard Maltin's guide actually rates the first movie "BOMB" but gives the second a star and a half (and doesn't even dignify the rest with a mention). Interestingly, Jennifer Aniston was in the first Leprechaun movie but not the second. I wonder if she was asked to come back to the second one?

My collaborator, Bill Thomas, has no interest in watching any of the Leprechaun movies, nor Killdozer. Bill Berg is not returning my e-mails. So if anyone out there has seen those movies and is willing to nitpick them (which of course requires accepting their basic premise, no matter how preposterous), they're welcome to join my team.

No comments: